Tonight i drove down to check on the cows water. It was dark, quiet, really peaceful, and yet a little bit lonely. I just sat in the car, with the music of DIDO, and looked around me. It was a wonderful time to think. The cows walked over, and then it was just us.
I sat there listenin to the soft music, and takin interest in everything around me. And thats when i realised what ive been missing.
The pasture is part of me, and so are the animals that live there. But ive been so caught up with other things that i fergot about that part of myself. I mean ive been sick, and school keeps me busy, not to mention ive had musical practice all the time. But those are just excuses.
Excuses are like armpits, THEY ALL STINK!!
Then i began to wonder what else i, and even others, are missing. I miss the afternoons i used to ride my bike out to the middle of the pasture and play my guitar to the cows, while watchin the sunset over the rockies. But i let life get in the way, and thats not acceptable. It made me really think. I looked at Bob, the bull i had raised myself. And i thought about all of the easy and relaxing memories i had.
What are you missing?
Think about the little things that make you happy.
Do you know when to get off the computer and just have a nice time to think?
Remember what is important, and stay intact with the true you. Dont become subjective to the ways of society until you are just another drone who follows the ads on the television, doesnt talk to anyone unless its through texting, and cant make a decision without the help of a big brand name company.
Learn to turn off your cell-phone and just get out there. It is amasing how nature and some good (meaningful) music can shut down all outter influences and show you the world. Look at things different and dont listen to what the radio has to say, its just garbage anyway.
Let the people around you know how you really feel, and just live you life.
Stop and Listen,
Garrett
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow...you are powerful! I might have teared up! Great insight. I think we all need to realize these things, but society just keeps stringing us along...
megan tear up? i dont think so.you are a great writer garrett!!!!!!!
Post a Comment